- One of the 3 basic arts: Literature, Painting and Music.
- Natural. Children Paint.
- Simple equipment.
- There is only the brush between the artist and the work.
- Maximum control over the medium.
- Imaginative. Not restricted to particular models.
- Most conceptual works could be expressed as paintings.
- The artist's ideas and feelings are in the paint.
- Can be done by a single person.
- Still, therefore a good object for contemplation.
- A lot can be said in a small space.
- A painting contains a whole world.
- A painting resembles the thing it represents.
- Painting is a universal language.
- Does not require a symbolic notation.
- Does not have to be performed.
- Occupies the minimum of space.
- Can be reproduced photographically.
- Inexpensive to produce.
- Tried and tested.